Part 3 architect
Gort Scott is looking for a Part 3 architect with Revit skills to join its expanding team in London.
We recognise the link between equality and quality, both in our practice and in the projects that we design. At our self-built Bermondsey studio, we have grown to an international community of over 30 members within a gender-diverse team. We are members of the London Practice Forum and Londonon, collectives for collaboration, research and knowledge-exchange. We are co-founders of RE-SET-GO a paid workplace experience and mentoring programme established with the mission of diversifying architecture practices.
The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
- working as part of a project team on the technical production information and coordination of both commercial and residential projects, both new build and refurbishment
- attend design team, client and consultant meetings as required
- contribute to the feasibility and conceptual design of architectural projects
- prepare and submit planning applications and relevant applications to other statutory bodies
- prepare reports such as design and access statements and RIBA stage completion reports
- manage and carry out the detailed design, drawing packages, detailed specification, programming and resourcing of architectural projects, appropriate to each specific project
- manage a team, and delegate tasks appropriate to the skill and experience of individual team members
- support the practice’s development of Revit standards and best practice across the projects in the studio
Skills and experience:
- over two years’ post-Part 3 experience with recognised ARB-registered Part 3 or equivalent qualification
- high level of proficiency in Revit and experience working in a BIM environment, ideally knowledge of BIM Level 2
- use and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- familiarity with VectorWorks ideal but not essential
- experience delivering high profile projects as well as smaller projects, specifically RIBA stages 3-6
- experience forging strong relationships with clients, consultant teams and contractors, fostering collaboration
- experience in managing teams and motivating others to reach their potential
- excellent design and technical skills and attention to detail
- excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- proactive approach to working either as part of a team or independently, capable to take the initiative
- good communication skills, including good written skills for the purpose of reports and presentations
- use and knowledge of NBS an advantage but not essential
- an interest and experience in urban design projects
- fluency in speaking and writing English essential
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer and particularly encourages applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic, disabled and women candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the architecture profession. We are dedicated to providing a great work/life balance – benefits include maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, pension scheme, death in service insurance policy, time off between Christmas and New Year, office trips and other social events.
Salary subject to experience.
How to apply
Please email your CV, a PDF with examples of your work and a short cover letter about yourself and your suitability for the role for the attention of Annabel Rootes. No CVs over 5MB.
We regret that we can only respond to successful candidates.